· Prepare cash budgets and pro forma financial statements to consolidate understanding of the fundamentals of financial forecasting and the relationship between the two basic forecasting techniques – cash budgeting and pro forma financial statement analysis
· Assess whether the lender should issue the loan to a profitable firm that experiences a bottleneck problem in its production
· Practice critical evaluation of assumptions underlying financial forecasts
· Provide a preliminary analysis on topics like share repurchases and dividend payouts
1. Why can’t a profitable company like Jackson repay its loan on time? What major company developments between August 2012 and May 2013 contribute to this situation? Prepare a sources and uses of funds statement for August 2012 through May 2013.
2. Why does the company need a new loan? How urgent is the need for additional borrowing?
3. Prepare monthly cash budget and pro forma income statements and balance sheets for the last four months of the fiscal year. Do the cash budgets and pro forma financial statements yield the same results? Why or why not?
4. Based on your forecasts and analysis of Jackson’s credit, is the company able to repay its loan at the end of the fiscal year? What are the risks associated with the proposed loan?
5. Critically evaluate the assumptions on which your forecasts are based and perform sensitivity analysis on the fiscal year-end cash balance when sales forecasts vary from expectations.
6. Should the bank extend the maturity of the current loan and approve the additional loan? What terms and conditions should the bank impose to reduce the risks of the loan to the bank?
7. Why did the company repurchase a substantial fraction of its outstanding common stocks? What’s the impact of the repurchase on Jackson’s financial condition?
8. Critically assess the company’s proposed dividend payout in September 2013. Should the bank agree with the payout? What seems to be an appropriate amount?
IMPORTANT NOTES THAT WILL GUIDE YOU WHEN WRITING THIS ASSIGNMENT
Jackson is a profitable company that has been in business for over 30 years. The company manufactures and sells a variety of products to wholesalers, retailers, and the general public. Jackson’s primary market is the Midwest region of the United States. In August 2012, Jackson had sales of $1 million with an operating income of $100,000. In May 2013, Jackson had sales of $2 million with an operating income of $200,000.
Jackson has grown substantially since August 2012 due to new product lines being introduced into their line-up as well as increased advertising expenditures. During this time frame there have also been major changes within the organization such as: hiring additional staff members and increasing their salaries; purchasing new equipment; expanding into new markets; etc.. This growth has resulted in an increase in accounts receivable which are now at almost 60% of sales compared to 40% in August 2012 (see page 3). Accounts payable have also increased from 50% to 60% during this time frame (see page 4). The reason for this increase is due to the fact that Jackson was not able to pay off its loan on time which was due on September 1st but was…
WOULD YOU LIKE A CUSTOM ESSAY JUST FOR YOU?
Get Assignment Help- Confidentially!
Why Choose Ace Writing Center?
***Absolutely NO Plagiarism.
***All writing is original.
***Guaranteed Top Grade.
***100% Money Back Guarantee
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Ace Writing Center has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Ace Writing Center, Nowadays, students normally have extremely busy schedules. You will note that some of them have to take on some evening or weekend jobs in order to get some income that can help them to sustain in college or in the university. This can deny them a chance to write all the essays given. Others usually get bombarded with a lot of work by their lecturers. This can still delay such students from working on all their essays. However, some of them usually try to work on all these essays but end up delivering their work late. This can prevent them from graduating since most lecturers are strict on deadlines. If you want to write a business essay, the wise way is to hire an outstanding essay writing service like us, so that you can get the best results. If you are keen, you will note that many companies usually overcharge their customers. Some of them are there only to make money. And in reality, they really don’t care to build a long term commitment with students. You should not choose such companies. You should take your time and choose a reliable company to work with. Ace Writing Center is the ultimate solution for you. We have been offering our writing service for more than 7 years. This is a clear indication that you will get quality essay writing service. We have a wide range of writers who can work on any business essay that you might have. We believe in doing extensive research so that we can provide quality work to all our clients. .
Admission and Business Papers
Have you ever had to write an admission essay for college? The majority of students face the same issues when applying to a university or college and many in such situations decide they need professional help to cope with this matter. They get in a situation when the deadline keeps coming closer but lack motivation to start because they are just not sure if their writing skills are strong enough. We have a solution for you! Ace Writing Center is the best admission essay writing service with a large professional team and years of experience in providing high-quality papers to students of all levels and faculties. The mission of our team is to help students make their dreams of entering a good college come true and that’s what we offer!.
Editing and Proofreading
Sometimes all the words for your paper just flow out of your mind and into your fingers. You type quickly at your keyboard and there they are, your beautiful words right there on the screen. But you have no idea how to polish it up. You may be wishing there was a paper writing service that offered this type of writing service. Look no more! Here at Ace Writing Center, we offer you an editing and proofreading option that you can't find anywhere else..
College Essay Writing
In case you are familiar Ace Writing Center, you know the way to distinguish a better company from a cheap one exactly. First of all, poor service website does not have a sufficient support. We think support team is an essential part of success; it has to answer all clients’ questions and be a connecting link between clients and their writers. On our web-service you will get answers about anything you need and your writer will receive all your instructions, assignments and requirements exactly and swiftly. A writing service that we run has got a flexible pricing system that will save you from senseless wastes and many bonus systems that let you sparing money for something important for you.