Read/review the following resources for this activity:
· Textbook: Chapter 28, 29, 30
· Minimum of 1 primary source
· Minimum of 4 scholarly sources (in addition to the textbook)
Optional Resources to ExploreFeel free to review the library guide for scholarly sources and videos at the following link:
The purposes of each case study assignment include the following:
· To hone your abilities to research using scholarly sources
· To advance critical thinking and writing skills
· To compile a response to the prompts provided
· To explore a historical topic and make connections to change over time
Pick one (1) of the following topics. Then, address the corresponding questions/prompts for your selected topic. Use at least one (1) documented example of the corresponding primary source in your writing.
Option 1: McCarthyism and Anti-Communist CampaignsThe Cold War brought about an irrational fear of communism and communist activities in the United States. As we are learning this week, one of the most vocal instigators of this paranoia was Senator Joseph McCarthy. McCarthy delivered a speech about the imminent threat of communism on February 9, 1950. Perform a search on the internet and locate and read Joseph McCarthy’s speech given in Wheeling, West Virginia on February 9, 1950. Copy and paste the following keywords into your Google search bar: “Joseph McCarthy, Wheeling, West Virginia.” The speech is also referred to as “Enemies from Within.”
Construct the case study by responding to the following prompts:
· Explain how Senator Joseph McCarthy defined communist nations within the speech. What specific threats did these nations pose?
· Assess if Senator Joseph McCarthy charges were accurate.
· Analyze anti-communist sentiments during the Cold War era, were these sentiments valid. If so, how? If not, why not?
· Explain if there are other examples of events similar to the Red Scare that have occurred throughout history and modern day.
· Examine what happened to people who invoked the Fifth Amendment, refused to appear or were found in violation of the law as defined by the Congressional Committee.
Option 2: The Civil Rights MovementUsing the Internet, locate and read Martin Luther King Jr’s “I Have a Dream” speech given in Washington D.C., August 1963. Copy and paste the following keywords into your Google search bar: “I Have a Dream by Martin Luther King, Jr.” Feel free also to locate and incorporate additional scholarly sources to respond to this case study, including information on the Civil Rights Movement.
Construct the case study by responding to the following prompts:
· Explain if the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s effectively changed the nation.
· What effect would the Civil Rights Acts have across the continent on minority groups?
· Do you think that the tactics and strategies that civil rights activists used in the 1960s would apply to today’s racial and ethnic conflicts? Why or why not?
· Do the ideas of the 1960s still have relevance today? If so how? If not, why not?
· Analyze how the Civil Rights Movement would impact diversity in America today.
Option 3: American Domestic and Foreign Policies (1953-1991)Complete a search either in the Chamberlain Library or internet for domestic and foreign polices of four (4) of the following Presidents. Please incorporate at least one primary source of either a policy or act that you have chosen to write about.
Then, compare domestic and foreign polices of your four (4) presidents by answering the following prompts:
· Explain how your selected presidents worked to improve the United States economically and socially. Give at least one example of each president.
· Assess if the policies of your choice of presidents strengthen or weaken the United States.
· Explain how you see your choice of presidents served the public interest and further the cause of democracy.
· Determine if it is constitutional for the United States to fight preemptive wars.
· Determine if human rights and morality should be the cornerstones of United State foreign policy.
· Length: 4-5 pages (not including title page and references page)
· 1-inch margins
· Double spaced
· 12-point Times New Roman font
· Title page
· References page
· In-text citations that correspond with your end reference
WOULD YOU LIKE A CUSTOM ESSAY JUST FOR YOU? Get Assignment Help- Confidentially! Why Choose Ace Writing Center? ***Absolutely NO Plagiarism. ***All writing is original. ***Guaranteed Top Grade. ***24/7 Support ***100% Money Back Guarantee ***Free revision
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Ace Writing Center has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Ace Writing Center, Nowadays, students normally have extremely busy schedules. You will note that some of them have to take on some evening or weekend jobs in order to get some income that can help them to sustain in college or in the university. This can deny them a chance to write all the essays given. Others usually get bombarded with a lot of work by their lecturers. This can still delay such students from working on all their essays. However, some of them usually try to work on all these essays but end up delivering their work late. This can prevent them from graduating since most lecturers are strict on deadlines. If you want to write a business essay, the wise way is to hire an outstanding essay writing service like us, so that you can get the best results. If you are keen, you will note that many companies usually overcharge their customers. Some of them are there only to make money. And in reality, they really don’t care to build a long term commitment with students. You should not choose such companies. You should take your time and choose a reliable company to work with. Ace Writing Center is the ultimate solution for you. We have been offering our writing service for more than 7 years. This is a clear indication that you will get quality essay writing service. We have a wide range of writers who can work on any business essay that you might have. We believe in doing extensive research so that we can provide quality work to all our clients. .
Admission and Business Papers
Have you ever had to write an admission essay for college? The majority of students face the same issues when applying to a university or college and many in such situations decide they need professional help to cope with this matter. They get in a situation when the deadline keeps coming closer but lack motivation to start because they are just not sure if their writing skills are strong enough. We have a solution for you! Ace Writing Center is the best admission essay writing service with a large professional team and years of experience in providing high-quality papers to students of all levels and faculties. The mission of our team is to help students make their dreams of entering a good college come true and that’s what we offer!.
Editing and Proofreading
Sometimes all the words for your paper just flow out of your mind and into your fingers. You type quickly at your keyboard and there they are, your beautiful words right there on the screen. But you have no idea how to polish it up. You may be wishing there was a paper writing service that offered this type of writing service. Look no more! Here at Ace Writing Center, we offer you an editing and proofreading option that you can't find anywhere else..
College Essay Writing
In case you are familiar Ace Writing Center, you know the way to distinguish a better company from a cheap one exactly. First of all, poor service website does not have a sufficient support. We think support team is an essential part of success; it has to answer all clients’ questions and be a connecting link between clients and their writers. On our web-service you will get answers about anything you need and your writer will receive all your instructions, assignments and requirements exactly and swiftly. A writing service that we run has got a flexible pricing system that will save you from senseless wastes and many bonus systems that let you sparing money for something important for you.