Top of Form
The purpose of this assignment is to create lessons that use quality children’s literature as a foundation for the skill, strategy, or content you will be teaching. While some classrooms still rely on textbooks as the primary text source for content area or ELA instruction, many districts have made the move away from textbook-centered curriculum to a curriculum that is instead built on quality pieces of children’s literature.
For this assignment, create a reading-focused lesson plan that is based on quality pieces of children’s literature meant to enhance student learning while engaging all types of diverse learners.
Complete Parts 1 and 2 below.
Part 1: Lesson Development
Develop your lesson plan using the . Include the following components in your lesson place:
1. Central Focus of Lesson
· Choose a K–8 grade level for your reading-focused lesson.
· Select a quality piece of children’s literature.
· Your selected book must be considered a multicultural text. See pp. 22–32 in Literature and the Child for information about choosing quality multicultural literature.
· Your selected literature must be the focal point of your lesson. For example, it cannot just be part of the assessment piece that students complete at the end of the lesson; it must be used within the lesson to teach the objectives of the lesson.
2. Learning Objectives
· Write at least 3 objectives for your reading lesson.
· One of the objectives must address an element(s) of multicultural education.
· A list of materials, including the book you plan to use to teach the lesson
· A plan for technology integration (i.e., for research, instruction, practice, assessment, or any adaptive or interactive devices)
· Individual or group supports (any additional support(s) to engage diverse learners)
4. Instructional Approach
· Prior knowledge to get students excited about the lesson and to help them make connections with prior learning
· Instruction (I do)
· What are the step-by-step procedures that you will model in the instructional portion of this lesson?
· Guided Practice (We do)
· What learning activity will the students do in a group setting that allows them to practice and apply what they have learned?
· Independent Practice (You do)
· What learning activity will the students do individually that allows them to practice and apply what they have learned?
· What supports will you provide based on individual and group needs? Include supports for the whole class, groups of students with similar needs, individual students, and students with exceptional learning needs (i.e., IEPs or 504 plans and gifted/talented).
· How will you modify your teaching to facilitate the academic achievement of students from diverse, racial, cultural, gender, and social class groups?
· How will you end the lesson (e.g., culminating activity or task)?
· Create 1 formative and 1 summative assessment for your reading lesson.
Part 2: Reflection
Write a 150- to 200-word reflection on the process you took to select and incorporate multicultural children’s literature into your reading lesson plan. Consider the following questions:
1. What are some challenges teachers might face when selecting quality multicultural children’s literature for classroom instruction?
When it comes to choosing quality multicultural children’s literature for classroom instruction, teachers face many challenges. They need to understand their students’ needs, and then select the right books. Here are three primary challenges that teachers face when selecting quality multicultural children’s literature:
The first step in selecting quality multicultural children’s literature for classroom instruction is to know what your students need. It’s important to understand the different types of learners, their interests and learning styles, their language proficiency levels, and so on. These factors will affect how you select quality multicultural children’s literature for the classroom.
It can be difficult to determine what books your students need if they haven’t been exposed to many different kinds of books at an early age (or even at all). If this is the case for your class or subject area(s), consider purchasing some classic titles from publishers like Scholastic or Penguin Random House Children’s Books that have been around for decades—these are often well-known classics with universal appeal among readers everywhere regardless of race or ethnicity!
Teachers should be aware of the diversity of their students, families, cultures and countries. They must also be conscious of the fact that certain cultures are more open to certain books than others.
Teachers can mitigate these challenges by ensuring that they have an understanding of what is being taught in multicultural literature classes and how it relates to all learners in school. This will help them select quality multicultural children’s literature for classroom instruction by providing them with relevant tools such as a database containing information about each book (e.g., genre or topic), value analysis scorecard which indicates whether or not content meets standards set out by NCCLD (National Council on Communication Disorders) or state curriculum requirements (e.g., Common Core Standards).
Teachers need to understand their students’ needs, and then select quality multicultural children’s literature.
There are many challenges that teachers may face when selecting quality multicultural children’s literature for classroom instruction. These challenges include:
It is important to remember that no book is ever going to make a student feel comfortable or confident. Every child learns at their own pace and level. So when we talk about selecting quality multicultural literature for classroom instruction, it is not about the books themselves but rather about working with each child’s needs and abilities in order for them to succeed academically and socially
Compile your lesson and reflection into a Microsoft Word document or zipped file.
Submit your assignment.
Bottom of Form
WOULD YOU LIKE A CUSTOM ESSAY JUST FOR YOU? Get Assignment Help- Confidentially! Why Choose Ace Writing Center? ***Absolutely NO Plagiarism. ***All writing is original. ***Guaranteed Top Grade. ***24/7 Support ***100% Money Back Guarantee ***Free revision
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Ace Writing Center has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Ace Writing Center, Nowadays, students normally have extremely busy schedules. You will note that some of them have to take on some evening or weekend jobs in order to get some income that can help them to sustain in college or in the university. This can deny them a chance to write all the essays given. Others usually get bombarded with a lot of work by their lecturers. This can still delay such students from working on all their essays. However, some of them usually try to work on all these essays but end up delivering their work late. This can prevent them from graduating since most lecturers are strict on deadlines. If you want to write a business essay, the wise way is to hire an outstanding essay writing service like us, so that you can get the best results. If you are keen, you will note that many companies usually overcharge their customers. Some of them are there only to make money. And in reality, they really don’t care to build a long term commitment with students. You should not choose such companies. You should take your time and choose a reliable company to work with. Ace Writing Center is the ultimate solution for you. We have been offering our writing service for more than 7 years. This is a clear indication that you will get quality essay writing service. We have a wide range of writers who can work on any business essay that you might have. We believe in doing extensive research so that we can provide quality work to all our clients. .
Admission and Business Papers
Have you ever had to write an admission essay for college? The majority of students face the same issues when applying to a university or college and many in such situations decide they need professional help to cope with this matter. They get in a situation when the deadline keeps coming closer but lack motivation to start because they are just not sure if their writing skills are strong enough. We have a solution for you! Ace Writing Center is the best admission essay writing service with a large professional team and years of experience in providing high-quality papers to students of all levels and faculties. The mission of our team is to help students make their dreams of entering a good college come true and that’s what we offer!.
Editing and Proofreading
Sometimes all the words for your paper just flow out of your mind and into your fingers. You type quickly at your keyboard and there they are, your beautiful words right there on the screen. But you have no idea how to polish it up. You may be wishing there was a paper writing service that offered this type of writing service. Look no more! Here at Ace Writing Center, we offer you an editing and proofreading option that you can't find anywhere else..
College Essay Writing
In case you are familiar Ace Writing Center, you know the way to distinguish a better company from a cheap one exactly. First of all, poor service website does not have a sufficient support. We think support team is an essential part of success; it has to answer all clients’ questions and be a connecting link between clients and their writers. On our web-service you will get answers about anything you need and your writer will receive all your instructions, assignments and requirements exactly and swiftly. A writing service that we run has got a flexible pricing system that will save you from senseless wastes and many bonus systems that let you sparing money for something important for you.