Exercise 6.3 epidemiology study summary Guide
Directions: This assignment will give you an opportunity to demonstrate what you have learned about epidemiologic methods, statistical tests, bioethical principles in research, and how to apply these to clinical problems.
Choose a plausible epidemiology topic pertaining to a diverse population you would like to study. The topic should relate to a diverse (in terms of ethnicity, nationality, culture, etc.) population. In APA style, write a formal paper that reads as if you had actually conducted the study. It must include the elements as outlined below and be coherent throughout. The paper should be no longer than 4-6 pages of text; about the length of a published article. Include title, abstract and references pages.
1. Write the purpose of your study along with 2-3 sentences elaborating on the problem and significance of the problem related to the purpose. You may use supporting evidence from other published work to explain or support the problem you are describing.
2. Write at least 2 research questions related to the purpose of the study. Be explicit rather than vague.
3. Write a null and an alternative hypothesis for each of these two questions.
4. State which one of your two research questions you are addressing from this point on. Identify and explain the dependent and independent variables, as well as the variable type (nominal, ordinal, etc.) for each variable.
5. Describe the subjects you have included in this study, including the number of subjects and how they were recruited. Describe all the characteristics and factors of the subjects that are relevant to the purpose of the study.
6. What is the basic design or type of study you have used to investigate your hypothesis? Explain how you collected your data.
7. Select the statistical test needed to test the null hypothesis. The selected statistical test must be selected from the ones reviewed in this course, unless you have permission from your course instructor to use a different test. Explain why you selected the test and how you have analyzed the variables. State in general terms (not actual numbers) what your results were from the statistical analyses, and whether they led you to reject or fail to reject your null hypothesis.
8. What ethical issues or bias need to be taken into consideration with this study? Please explain.
9. State the implications of these findings for healthcare practice. Discuss the impact these results would have on clinical practice and healthcare policy. Use published work to give support to your discussion. (See next page for grading rubric. )
|Epidemiology Study Summary Paper
|1. Included an abstract in correct form i.e. no first line indent, written in past tense, and complete methodology (study question, variables and purpose, hypothesis, design, sampling (how target diverse population represented), statistical analysis, findings, and hypothesis conclusions described with clarity and brevity.
|2. The purpose of the study along with 2-3 sentences elaborates on the problem and the significance of the problem related to the purpose. Used supporting evidence from other published work to explain or support the problem described.
|3. Proposed at least two research questions related to the purpose of the study; are explicit rather than vague.
|4. A null and alternate hypothesis posed for each of the two questions.
|5. State one research question of focus. Identified and explained the dependent and independent variables, as well as the type of data used to measure the variables.
|6. Described subjects and the number included in the study. Described the characteristics and factors of the subjects relevant to the study purpose, and the greater population represented.
|7. Identified the basic design or type of study used to investigate the hypothesis. Explained the steps used to collect data.
|8. Selected statistical test(s) appropriate to the variable types to test the null hypothesis from those reviewed in this course, unless permission was given from the course instructor to use a different test. Explained why the test(s) were selected and how the variables were analyzed. Stated the results of the statistical analyses in general terms (not actual numbers), and if the results led to reject or fail to reject the null hypothesis.
|9. Explained the ethical issues and bias considered with the study.
|10. Stated the implications of the findings for healthcare practice. Discussed the impact the results will have on clinical practice and healthcare policy. Used peer reviewed sources to support to the discussion.
|11. At least three peer reviewed sources are cited and referenced.
|12. APA formatting and writing style, grammar.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Ace Writing Center has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Ace Writing Center, Nowadays, students normally have extremely busy schedules. You will note that some of them have to take on some evening or weekend jobs in order to get some income that can help them to sustain in college or in the university. This can deny them a chance to write all the essays given. Others usually get bombarded with a lot of work by their lecturers. This can still delay such students from working on all their essays. However, some of them usually try to work on all these essays but end up delivering their work late. This can prevent them from graduating since most lecturers are strict on deadlines. If you want to write a business essay, the wise way is to hire an outstanding essay writing service like us, so that you can get the best results. If you are keen, you will note that many companies usually overcharge their customers. Some of them are there only to make money. And in reality, they really don’t care to build a long term commitment with students. You should not choose such companies. You should take your time and choose a reliable company to work with. Ace Writing Center is the ultimate solution for you. We have been offering our writing service for more than 7 years. This is a clear indication that you will get quality essay writing service. We have a wide range of writers who can work on any business essay that you might have. We believe in doing extensive research so that we can provide quality work to all our clients. .
Admission and Business Papers
Have you ever had to write an admission essay for college? The majority of students face the same issues when applying to a university or college and many in such situations decide they need professional help to cope with this matter. They get in a situation when the deadline keeps coming closer but lack motivation to start because they are just not sure if their writing skills are strong enough. We have a solution for you! Ace Writing Center is the best admission essay writing service with a large professional team and years of experience in providing high-quality papers to students of all levels and faculties. The mission of our team is to help students make their dreams of entering a good college come true and that’s what we offer!.
Editing and Proofreading
Sometimes all the words for your paper just flow out of your mind and into your fingers. You type quickly at your keyboard and there they are, your beautiful words right there on the screen. But you have no idea how to polish it up. You may be wishing there was a paper writing service that offered this type of writing service. Look no more! Here at Ace Writing Center, we offer you an editing and proofreading option that you can't find anywhere else..
College Essay Writing
In case you are familiar Ace Writing Center, you know the way to distinguish a better company from a cheap one exactly. First of all, poor service website does not have a sufficient support. We think support team is an essential part of success; it has to answer all clients’ questions and be a connecting link between clients and their writers. On our web-service you will get answers about anything you need and your writer will receive all your instructions, assignments and requirements exactly and swiftly. A writing service that we run has got a flexible pricing system that will save you from senseless wastes and many bonus systems that let you sparing money for something important for you.